Job market in India: The Hottest Job profiles
As the global economy suffers from its worst meltdown since The Great Depression, its effects on growing economies have been far reaching and consequential. However, Indian economy has responded to this slowdown in a much better way than most other economies of the world. Much of this revival has been driven by the growing service sector, which in turn owes its immunity to big corporate and IT/ITeS firms. This is also reflected in the job market as the most “in demand” jobs seem to be gravitating towards the IT sector. Other sectors that are facing shortage of good manpower include FMCG, Real estate, banking and telecom.
Corporate firms are on a hiring spree giving the job seekers a reason to smile more than ever. Studies and research by independent sources suggest that unlike the whole world, employment prospects remain strong in India, which again is an indicator of the overall optimism related to the economy. The only pre-requisite is that you should posses the required skill set and experience, and companies will eventually find you.
The Top Current Hottest Jobs in India
- Corporate Sales Executive: This is a very challenging position, which is responsible for enhancing the corporate sales of an organization. The incumbent is responsible for selling corporate products while targeting potential clients. Although person who has a degree in sales/marketing are considered a safe bet for this job, now a days academic qualifications have been relegated to a lower position than attitude and ability of the candidate. Although the starting salary for a sales executive varies from industry to industry, a person who is reaches at senior level is expected to earn around Rs. 40 to 50 lakhs per annum.
- Business Analyst: The essential requirement for building a successful business is to know what the consumer needs and what it wants. A business analyst is the person on whose shoulders rest this responsibility. Not only does the analyst study different business systems but he also suggests ways to improve the existing system by bridging the gap between various verticals using different IT tools. Depending on the industry, a business analyst can also be expected to develop software products to gather analytics for different networks. Starting salary for a business analyst varies from Rs. 5 to 8 lakh, which can go on to increase to Rs.30 to 40 lakh per annum.
- Actuary: Not so commonly heard of, Actuary is a very rewarding profession. Actuary is business professional responsible for doing complex financial assessment associated with risks and uncertainties. Owing to shortage of well qualified professionals, actuary has emerged as one of the best paying jobs in India. A debutant can easily earn from Rs 6 to 8 lakhs per annum and for experienced, sky is the limit.
- Pilots & Cabin crew: With increase in daily flights to domestic and introduction of new private airline carriers, the demand for pilots and cabin crew has increased considerably. Pilots have a very important task at their hand, to land safely hundreds of lives from one place to another. Therefore, it does not come as a surprise that they are counted amongst the best paid professionals of any industry. An experienced pilot can earn anywhere from Rs. 80 to 90 lakh per year. Senior members of cabin crew can earn anything from Rs. 10 to 15 lakh per annum.
- Research & Development Engineers: R&D is an essential part of the construction, manufacturing, IT, computer hardware and telecom industry. Except the manufacturing sector, all other industries are experiencing a good growth rate and hence require more R&D professionals. Technical education is a must with strong reasoning and analytical skills. These engineers can go on to make Rs 70 to 80 lakh per annum.
Unlike its rival economies, India has maintained a good ratio of high-skills labor market and low-skills workers, which is why corporate heads in India do not have any problems in recruiting staff for their vacant positions.
Author Bio: Author of this Guest Post writes on behalf of naukri.com, with an experience of over 4 years in writing content over topics related to jobs in India, education, real estate and technology. A gadget freak and social media enthusiast, he also keenly follows the latest trends in digital marketing.
OPPORTUNITIES IN INDIALatest Results of Exams And Jobs Interviews Latest Govt. And Private Jobs Recruitment Latest Answer Keys And Question Papers of Various Govt. Exams